Short Read –
- The American Singer Billie Eilish has delivered a strong message about body shaming.
- The 18-year-old singer, who kicked off her Where Do We Go? Tour in Miami on Monday.
- Billie previously admitted that, she wears baggy clothes to avoid being sexualized.
- “The body I was born with, is it not what you wanted?” she said.
- In the clip, she slowly takes off her shirt as she lowers herself into a pool of black water.
Full Article –
The American Singer Billie Eilish has delivered a strong message about body shaming. Who kicked off her ‘When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go?’ at the American Airlines Arena in Miami.
“Do you know me? Do you really know me?” Eilish said. “You have opinions about my opinions, about my music, about my clothes, about my body. Some people hate what I wear; some people praise it. Some people use it to shame others; some people use it to shame me.”
“The body I was born with, is it not what you wanted?” she added. “If I wear what is comfortable, I am not a woman. If I shed the layers, I’m a slut.”
“Though you’ve never seen my body, you still judge it, and judge me for it. Why? We make assumptions about people based on their size. We decide who they are. We decide what they’re worth. If I wear more. If I wear less.”
“Who decides what that makes me? What that means? Is my value based only on your perception? Or is your opinion of me not my responsibility?” She concluded.
Check out the video here.
Billie Eilish Pirate Baird O’Connell is an American singer and songwriter. She first gained media attention in 2016 when she uploaded the song “Ocean Eyes” to SoundCloud, and it was subsequently released by Interscope Records subsidiary Darkroom.
Stay Tune With Siachen Studios For More Latest Updates And News.