Short Read –
- Bounce DJ and New Orleans radio personality DJ Black N Mild has died due to the coronavirus.
- Real name Oliver Stokes Jr. was one of two people to die from the coronavirus in Louisiana.
- The DJ tested positive for the coronavirus on the 19th March and died on the same day.
- Dj Stokes is known for bringing bounce music to New Orleans.
- Stokes left work on March 9 with a fever, Pence said, and did not return.
Full Article –
New Orleans bounce DJ and radio personality Black N Mild has died at 44 age after testing positive for coronavirus. The Orleans Parish coroner’s office confirmed 19th march that the DJ, born Oliver Stokes Jr., died Thursday after contracting the virus.
Stokes is known for bringing New Orleans bounce music to the radio. “I was the first DJ in Nola history to have a radio mix show dedicated to Nola Bounce from 03-05 (up to Katrina),” he wrote in Feb.
Stokes had also worked as the “in-school suspension coordinator” at Arthur Ashe Charter School in Gentilly since July 2019.
“Our school community is devastated,” said Sabrina Pence, the CEO of FirstLine Schools, the charter organization that operates Arthur Ashe. Stokes left work on March 9 with a fever, Pence said, and did not return.
Stay Tune With Siachen Studios For More Latest Updates And News.