The Country Music Association Awards, also known as the CMA Awards has revealed their CMA 2023 International Awards nominees full list. Check out the nominee below.
The awards include six categories two for artists and four for industry players honor those who have impacted the growth of country music in the international marketplace.
This year’s nominees hail from Australia, Canada, Germany, New Zealand, Scotland, South Africa, Sweden, the U.K. and the U.S. For more information click here.
“As we continue to see country music grow globally, it is thanks in large part to those who have supported our mission and spearheaded events, initiatives and programming to reach new territories around the world,” Sarah Trahern, CMA CEO said in a statement. “The dedication from each of these nominees has made them a vital part of the success of our genre internationally, and we cannot wait to celebrate them in the coming months.”
Here’s a complete list of nominees:
International Artist Achievement Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a U.S.-based artist who has demonstrated the most significant creative growth, development and promotion of the country music industry outside of the U.S. during the eligibility period.
- Luke Combs
- Kip Moore
- Morgan Wallen
Jeff Walker Global Country Artist Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievements by a country music artist signed outside of the U.S. The artist must have furthered the popularity of country music as well as brought attention to the country music format in their foreign-based territory.
- Casey Barnes (Australia)
- Kaylee Bell (New Zealand)
- Tebey (Canada)
Jo Walker Meador International Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by an individual in advocating and supporting country music’s marketing development in territories outside the U.S.
- Jon Cauwood (U.K. – music consultant)
- Sina Hall (Germany – Semmel Concerts)
- Natalie Waller (Australia – ABC Music)
Rob Potts International Live Music Advancement Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievements by an individual who has made important contributions to the live music industry by extending performance opportunities and building live audiences for country music outside of the U.S.
- Susan Heymann (Australia – Frontier Touring)
- Anna-Sophie Mertens (U.K. – Live Nation)
- Ron Sakamoto (Canada – Gold and Gold Productions, LTD.)
- Neil Warnock, MBE (U.K. – United Talent Agency)
Wesley Rose International Media Achievement Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievements in the media as they relate to country music outside of the U.S.
- Jill Johnson (Sweden – ‘Jills Veranda’ SVT)
- Ross Jones (U.K. – Holler)
- Richard Murdoch (Scotland – BBC Radio)
- Dayna Bourgoin (Canada – Pure Country Radio, iHeart Radio)
International Country Broadcaster Award
This award recognizes outstanding achievement by a radio broadcaster or syndicated radio reporter outside the U.S. who has made important contributions for the development of country music in his/her country.
- Stefanie Jüneman (Germany – FM Maximum Roc)
- Joakim Richardson (Sweden – Go Country)
- Ricky Ross (U.K. – BBC Radio Scotland)
- Justin Thomson (Australia – KIX Country)
- Wimpie van der Sandt (South Africa – Bok Radio)
CMA Reveals CMA 2023 International Awards Nominees Full List