How Did MF DOOM Die? His Wife Officially Revealed

Via YouTube

How Did MF DOOM Die? His wife revealed, the late rapper, MF DOOM’s cause of death, after three years he passed away.

According to the LeedsLive report, the rapper’s wife says, the musician has raised concerns about his medical care following his sudden death while he was being treated in a Leeds hospital.

The “Raoo Snitch Knishes” rapper was being treated in St James’s Hospital after he had suffered a severe and ‘rare’ reaction to blood pressure medication that he had just been prescribed.

On 01/01/2021, MF Doom (real name Daniel Dumile) died at the age of 49, his family confirmed.

His wife Jasmin paid tribute to her husband, calling him a “wonderful, talented man taken too soon and missed by everyone.” She said Daniel had been fit and well but had developed a number of health conditions among them kidney disease which had led to weight gain and anxiety.

In a statement, Mrs. Thompson said she and Daniel had five children together and had moved to the UK from the United States in 2010. She said Daniel had been prescribed a new medication but, after just two doses, he developed breathing problems and had gone to the A&E department in Leeds. She said Daniel’s tongue and throat had started to swell.

Following his death, Mrs. Thompson raised a number of concerns about her husband’s treatment at St James’s Hospital and claimed he had been unable to alert medical staff to his deteriorating condition as his ‘buzzer’ was out of reach.

Mrs. Thompson said her husband had phoned her in distress from the hospital as his swelling was getting worse and he was having trouble breathing. She claimed he had been placed in a room containing an ‘old metal desk’ and books, saying the room appeared to be “a hospital room a very long time ago,” she told Wakefield Coroner’s Court.

She said: “I don’t want to say it was an old storage room…it wasn’t set up. Maybe it was a room a long time ago. It did have a bed in it.” However, medics said the room was one of several similar rooms that were part of the emergency department.

Mrs. Thompson was still on the phone with her distressed husband when she used a second phone to directly alert nurses who were on duty, she told the inquest hearing.

Mrs. Thompson revealed that she couldn’t visit her husband in hospital due to Covid pandemic restrictions. She said: “I was not able to see him until the 31st (of October) – that’s when the respirator was turned off that was helping him breathe.”

The inquest heard that on October 21 Daniel had complained that he couldn’t breathe and tried to get off his hospital trolley before he collapsed and suffered respiratory arrest.

Mrs. Thompson’s legal representatives have raised questions about how often Daniel was checked by medical staff and why there was a two-hour delay in giving him medication for his swollen throat.

The inquest heard that Daniel’s medical records could not be accessed in Leeds as they were held in London.

The inquest heard that Daniel’s condition was being monitored in hospital and he had shown signs that he was a little better. He had eaten some food and had some water. His oxygen levels were said to be good and he was able to talk to doctors.

Doctors said the swelling of his tongue, throat, and lips was a ‘rare’ side effect of taking ACE inhibitors which had brought on a condition called angioedema, where part of the body suddenly becomes swollen.

How Did MF DOOM Die? His Wife Officially Revealed