The Indian track, “Naatu Naatu” from RRR by Kala Bhairava, M. M. Keeravani, and Rahul Sipligunj has won the Golden Globes Best original song award 2023. Watch the award acceptance clip below.
The other nominees of Best Original Song, Motion Picture:
- “Carolina” from Where the Crawdads Sing (Sony Pictures) — Taylor Swift
- “Ciao Papa” from Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio (Netflix) — Roeben Katz, Guillermo del Toro
- “Hold My Hand” from Top Gun: Maverick (Paramount Pictures) — Lady Gaga, BloodPop
- “Lift Me Up” from Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (Marvel Studios) — Tems, Ludwig Göransson, Rihanna, Ryan Coogler
- WINNER: “Naatu Naatu” from RRR (Variance Films) — Chandrabose, M.M. Keeravaani
Keeravani accepted the award from presenter Jenna Ortega. “I’m very much overwhelmed with this great moment,” he began his speech. “This award actually belongs to someone else. I was planning not to say those words when I get an award like this, but I’m afraid I’m going to repeat the tradition because I mean my words.”
Speaking on the red carpet, Ram Charan also said, “In India, everything is so musical…And, talking about the song my knees still wobble. It is the most difficult song we did and I guess it all paid off. And, why my director [SS Rajamouli] pushed both Jr NTR and me to do what we did in that song…And, look where we are here talking to you on this red carpet.”
Talking about the journey, Ram Charan added, “I am still digesting this whole journey from India to Los Angeles. The Mecca of films…It is heartwarming. It is overwhelming. I am slowly grasping everything now.”
‘Naatu Naatu’ Wins Golden Globes ‘s Best Original Song Award Form RRR Movie
SPEECHLESS🙏🏻— rajamouli ss (@ssrajamouli) January 11, 2023
Music truly knows no boundaries.
Congratulations & thank you PEDDANNA for giving me #NaatuNaatu. This one is special.:)
I thank each & every fan across the globe for shaking their leg & making it popular ever since the release🤗#GoldenGlobespic.twitter.com/cMnnzYEjrV