Short Read –
- The popular singer Rihanna is becoming the first woman to appear on the cover of British Vogue wearing a durag.
- The garment, which is used to help the development of braids, waves, and dreadlocks.
- Rihanna sporting the cloth was used within the time of slavery as a way to “suppress black ladies’s beauty”
- Fetto wrote, “Today, the durag, an iteration of the headcloth birthed in oppression, is a celebration of black culture.”
- In the Vogue interview, Rihanna talked about her “imminent” new album, how she parties in London
Must Read – Thomas Rhett Marks 30th Birthday With Releases New Song “Be a Light”
Full Article –
The popular singer Rihanna is becoming the first woman to appear on the cover of British Vogue wearing a durag. Funmi Fetto explains in a Vogue article the importance of Rihanna sporting the fabric, which was used within the time of slavery as a technique to “suppress black girls’ magnificence and distinguish their lowly, inferior standing as labourers.”
Fetto wrote, “Today, the durag, an iteration of the headcloth birthed in oppression, is a celebration of black culture.”
“The tainted fabric has been reclaimed as a symbol of black beauty, a signifier of style worn on the streets, the catwalk, the red carpet… And now, in a powerful mic-drop moment, the durag is making its first appearance on the May 2020 cover of British Vogue, worn by Rihanna,” she adds.
Rihanna Become First Woman Appear On The Cover Of British Vogue
Read Full Article by clicking here.
Read More – Watch To Coachella ’20 Years In The Desert’ YouTube documentary
Robyn Rihanna Fenty is a Barbadian singer, songwriter, actress, and businesswoman, who has been recognized for embracing various musical styles and reinventing her image throughout her career.
Stay Tune With Siachen Studios For More Latest Updates And News.