The music stream app, Spotify has added their new ‘Greenroom‘ feature, a live audio platform related to Clubhouse.
The new feature, Greenroom will allow users to congregate in ‘rooms’ of up to 1,000 members, with the option to convert the conversations had in the space into podcasts.
In March, when They announced the acquisition of Betty Labs, the creators of Locker Room, we marked the addition of live audio as part of the Spotify ecosystem. This move provides yet another opportunity for creators of all types to connect with their fans more deeply and meaningfully.
Spotify said that “Today, we’re making Spotify Greenroom available for the first time in its new form, available on iOS and Android in over 135 markets around the world. We’re building Greenroom with the creators and artists in mind who make Spotify great, optimizing for interactivity and deep connections between participants in live rooms.”
They added, “The Greenroom offering will continue to evolve as we learn more about what creators and listeners want from their live audio experience. We’ll also bring exciting new programming to the platform spanning music, culture, and entertainment topics in addition to the sports content Locker Room has been known for.”
The app, rolling out today, includes:
- New app branding (aka Greenroom) and a new overall look and feel
- The ability for any user to host or participate in live rooms
- A way to join Greenroom using your Spotify log-in info
- A new onboarding experience that puts users’ interests front and centre
- Recording capabilities so you can complement your on-demand content with live conversations
- Chat controls to ensure the best possible experience
Spotify Added New Clubhouse-Style Related Feature, Greenroom