Hey buddies! Today’s post is about How Did Avicii Die? Avicii was a Swedish DJ, music producer, and remix. He was just 28 years old when he died. He released “Two Million” after reaching two million followers on Facebook. Indeed, the song peaked at #5 on the UK dance charts and #4 on the Billboard Hot Dance Club Songs. His legacy lives on and his music will continue to be celebrated among fans.
Sadly, Avicii died on 20 April 2018 in Muskat when he was 28 years old. Police said that there was “no criminal suspension” in his death. He committed suicide with a glass shard to cut himself. His family penned an open letter for him:
“Our beloved Tim was a seeker, a fragile artistic soul searching for answers to existential questions. An over-achieving perfectionist who traveled and worked hard at a pace that led to extreme stress. When he stopped touring, he wanted to find a balance in life to be able to be happy and to do what he loved most – music. He really struggled with thoughts about Meaning, Life, and Happiness. He could now not go on any longer. Avicii wanted to find peace. Tim was not made for the business machine he found himself in; he was a sensitive guy who loved his fans but shunned the spotlight. Tim, you will forever be loved and sadly missed. The person you were and your music will keep your memory alive. We love you, The Family“
On 22 May, his family announced a private funeral. It was held on 8 June in his hometown Stockholm. Only his close relatives and friends attended the funeral.
READ MORE- How Did Aaron Carter Die? 15 Engrossing Facts About Him
15 Interesting Facts About Avicii
We have discussed How did Avicii die. Now, let’s check out some enthralling facts about him. Here are some of the most exciting facts about Avicii you probably know.
- His real name was Tim Bergling and he is famous among his fans with his stage name Avicii.
- The name is Avicii was inspired by the Buddhist term for the lowest level of Buddhist hell, Avicii.
- He started his musical career when at the age of 16. He started making music with the software FruityLoops.
- His breakthrough came with his single “Levels” which topped various charts worldwide.
- Avicii suffered from various health issues including acute pancreatitis.
- His album “True” featured the hit single “Wake Me Up”. The song became the first-ever EDM song to reach one billion streams on Spotify.
- In 2017, the documentary “Avicii: True Story” was released. It depicts the life story and struggles of Avicii.
- During his career, Avicii collaborated with renowned artists such as Rita Ora, Coldplay, and Wyclef Jean.
- Florida and Jason Derulo and other artists sampled Avicii’s hit single “Levels” in “Good Feeling” “Get Ugly”
- In 2016, he announced his retirement from touring. the reason behind it was health issues mainly.
- In 2019, his posthumous album “Tim” was released. It received critical acclaim.
- The Avicii Tribute Concert was held in Stockholm in 2019. It featured various artists who worked with Avicii.
- He was a philanthropist and donated millions of dollars to charitable organizations throughout his career.
- In 2021, Avicii’s wax statue was at the Madam Tussauds Museum in New York City.
- Avicii’s father established the Tim Bergling Foundation in his memory. Significantly, It aims to support initiatives focused on depression, mental health, and suicide prevention.