The American singer Betty Wright has died from cancer. at age 66 at her home in Miami, according to Billboard reported.
SHORT READ –
- The American singer Betty Wright has died from cancer.
- She was 66 and died from cancer at her home in Miami, Billboard reported.
- Betty Wright known for her classics song “Tonight Is the Night,” “No Pain,” and “Clean Up Woman.”
- Chaka Khan wrote on Twitter, “My beloved sister, Betty Wright, is now in need of all your prays.”
- She started singing with the family gospel group, Echoes of Joy.
MUST-READ – DIPLO CONFIRMS HE RECENTLY BECAME FATHER OF THE THIRD TIME WITH MODEL JEVON KING
FULL ARTICLE –
Betty Wright(Real Name Bessie Regina Norris) was an American soul and R&B singer, songwriter and background vocalist, who rose to fame in the 1970s with hits such as “Clean Up Woman” and “Tonight Is the Night”.
In early May, Chaka Khan wrote on Twitter that Wright was “now in need of all your prays.” “Calling all my #PrayWarriors,” Khan tweeted. “My beloved sister, Betty Wright @MsBettyWright, is now in need of all your prays.”
She was also prominent in regard to the use of whistle register.
“Thank you for being a master teacher, a friend and one of the greatest female soul singers in our industry,” Ledisi said on Twitter. “You were so much more than your music. We were blessed to be around royalty.”
John Legend tweeted that Wright “was always so loving and giving to younger artists. Always engaged, always relevant. She will be missed.”
READ MORE – NICK BLIXKY DIES AT AGED 21 AFTER BEING FATALLY SHOT WITH SHOTGUN
Stay Tune With Siachen Studios For More Latest Updates And News.