Melissa Etheridge’s, son Beckett has died from opioid addiction at age 21, the singer shared on Twitter.
SHORT READ –
- Beckett Cypher, the son of Melissa Etheridge has died at age of 21.
- Melissa Etheridge confirmed his died on Twitter, Wednesday.
- Etheridge tweeted. “My son Beckett, who was just 21, struggled to overcome his addiction.”
- She took to Twitter hours later and opened up about the news.
- “My heart is broken,” she added. “I am grateful for those who have reached out with condolences.”
FULL ARTICLE –
She shared the news on Twitter hours later, Etheridge and Cypher, who met in 1988 during a video shoot, have two children — their daughter Bailey and son Beckett.
Etheridge and Cypher cut up later in 2000, however, they continued to co-parent. Etheridge can be the mom of twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie.
“Today I joined the hundreds of thousands of families who have lost loved ones to opioid addiction,” she wrote on Twitter. “My son Beckett, who was just 21, struggled to overcome his addiction and finally succumbed to it today.”
“He will be missed by those who loved him, his family, and his friends.”
“My heart is broken,” she continued. “I am grateful for those who have reached out with condolences and I feel their love and sincere grief. We struggle with what else we could have done to save him, and in the end, we know he is out of the pain now.”
“I will sing again, soon. It has always healed me.”
Melissa Etheridge’s Son, Beckett, Dies At Age 21
READ MORE – GREEN MAN FESTIVAL CANCELED DUE TO COVID-19
Stay Tune With Siachen Studios For More Latest Updates And News.